Pages

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Website Security & Protection against Hacking

By Daniel Turbin


I've been an internet marketing pro for 3 years now, and while this by no means makes me an expert, it has put me in touch with a number of home entrepreneurs who make their living online . I have had the good fortune to have extended discussions with a lot of these folk, and the only thing that stands out in my mind is the sheer number of them who are doing all the proper things where the selling is concerned, and who are paying little, if any attention to the idea of web security.

There's small thought given to the necessity to find some means of defence against hacking, and very few plans in place to recover from a successful security breech. These are folks whose awfully business is dependent on the ongoing existence of their net presence!

Since discovering that sad fact, it has become a bit of an obsession for me, and I've since had the similarly good fortune to meet a gifted web security consultant. I still don't know everything there is to know on the subject ( a long way from it, in reality ), but I am learning more each day, and I'm sure that it's just a matter of time before a cunning hacker puts me in the cross hairs and makes an attempt to wreck my business.

That is true for everybody, sadly. That is correct for everyone who has a business with a web portal of any sort. The numbers just simply are not on the right side, and our day will come. When your day comes, will you be ready? Have you taken steps to guard your info? Have you secured your data against all but the most determined hacking attacks, and do you have plans in place to recover if such an attack succeeds?

If you're like a shocking number of business males and females I have spoken with, then you may not have even considered these things, and if you haven't then I encourage you to do so . Earlier, instead of later on as the clock is ticking, and you never can say when they will set their sites on you.



0 comments:

Post a Comment